I've been inspired.
What have I been inspired to do?
I've been inspired to live my life by serving others.
Now when I say serving others, I'm talking I'm not talking just run of the mill volunteer a couple of hours kinda thing. I'm talking about making my whole life a living sacrifice to others. When I say others, I mean all of God's people.
I want to die to myself and my selfish desires. 'Cause really, when I look back at my life and the plans I made for myself, I always ended up heartbroken.
Now I wanna be heartbroken for God's people. God's people includes everyone. Yes, even that person on the bus next to you that smells funny. And really you never know that person could be an Angel or even Jesus in disguise. Hebrews 13:2 says: "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." (NIV)
I don't want to ever miss an opportunity to tell someone about God or to show them His love. Basically- I wanna live my life like Jesus. I want to be friends with the people no one wants to be friends with. I want to listen to those who are hurt and shunned because they are different. (I was that kid pretty much all my life- I know the pain they feel.) I figure if our example (Jesus) did these things then Hey I should too.
You know the coolest thing? I believe this is what God has called me to do. Already, I have been able to serve others and touch their lives by showing them His love. I've yet to experience a high that could ever take the place of the high I feel when I know God has worked through me. And.. I haven't ever been happier. I still have experienced some trials- but I know that in the end everything will work out according to God's plan- even if it doesn't look like it now.
So I make a vow now. I promise to always look for an opportunity to love on someone who is hurting. I promise to jump at every opportunity that presents itself for me to serve with humility and abandon. I promise to live my life in a way that gives God glory. I promise to continually die to myself and follow God wherever and to whomever he leads. I promise to live a life inspired and with meaning.
So until next time- remember that God loves you and if you are hurting God is waiting for you with open arms...
No comments:
Post a Comment