Today my brother called me.
Now to understand why this bears writing about, you need to understand a little about my brother. My brother puts on a hard and tough front. Now don't misunderstand me- he is tough. But inside he has a heart that is so true and tender. Tonight he called me because he was hurting and he knew that I would listen to him. That means alot to me.
For years my brother was closed off and didn't like opening up. Getting him to talk about his feelings or what was bothering him was like trying to pull a tooth. Now he is more open with me. In our lives we have had few people whom we really could rely upon. It makes me feel validated and as if I am succeeding in my role as the older sister when he confides in me because he is showing me that he trusts me.
The reason why he was upset is because he saw a mother be abusive to her children. It hurt to hear that and I know it hurt him. I am sorry that he had to see that and I am sorry that it hurt him. I am sorry that those children were being abused. But I am glad that my brother saw it and recognized that it was wrong. He said that he wanted to do something, but knew he couldn't. I was so proud of him when he said that. My brother has always had a quick temper (a trait we share I'm afraid) and I am just so proud of him for keeping it under control.
I think that the fact that my brother feels for others is a good thing. I think that he would be a great social worker because he believes in fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. He is also super protective, so I know that he would try his hardest to protect and do what is best for whatever cases came his way.
I am so proud of him and I am so glad and thankful to God that he gave me a baby brother who is so caring, loving and protective. It does my heart good to realize that my brother is truly one of the "good guys". He will truly be a catch for his future wife.
Until we next time- don't forget to care...
No comments:
Post a Comment