That question has been going through my head lately.
You see I believe that God has made me a promise. I'm not going to say what I think it is for fear of an insert foot into mouth moment..Please believe me when I say I have had plenty of those.
First off, I made a promise to God. Since then there have been so many things that have happened to me that have made it really difficult to keep that promise. (But I have held firm!) Not only has it been difficult to keep my promise, but I've been fearing that maybe what I thought God said wasn't really what he was saying at all?
-OR-
Maybe these events that have been taking place are just ways that God is asking me to prove my love for him by trusting in him, even when it looks like I am wrong...
Second, before the events started taking place, I didn't doubt. But now at the slightest temptation- I doubt. I guess sometimes, when there is so much at stake, it is easy to run and hide instead of standing firm. What does that say about me?
There are so many ifs that I could list...
And right now I am just not sure...
Maybe the answer to my question is that I can't be certain.I need to stop doubting and start acting like I believe.
I think the answer is that I need to trust God and be certain of whom I am in him- not who I am in myself.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5 & 6 NIV
No comments:
Post a Comment